Monday, October 6, 2014

Here Goes Nothing....


I have never even thought of writing a blog and my first thoughts are: who will read this? Who cares what I have to say? What will I even write about? 

In the world of Pharmacy School all I seem to have time for is class. My planner is a constant reminder of all the things that I do not have time for. Every minute of every day is scheduled, so I am making it my mission to find the balance. And that is where the title for my blog originated. I want to be more than just my major. How will I do this? Let's start out with a little more about me.

I am 21 year old pharmacy major from North Jersey (the lack you"New" is a trait of people from the "North"). I came to UCONN over Rutgers which is ALWAYS the first question people ask me when I say I am from Jersey. No, I did not want to go to Rutgers Pharmacy School and yes, I do love it here. I am involved in a Panhellenic Sorority as well as a Professional Fraternity and other pharmacy based organization. But, the main thing you should know about me is that my family is my main priority. 

Above: Here is my Dad, Chris, brother, Michael, and Mom, Nancy, at my little brother's high school graduation. 

My beautiful, perfect amazing family also includes my Puggle, CoCo, my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and the "family" friends. I am a self-described home body and my best friend in the world is my mom. 

Now back to writing this blog.... I probably would not be writing this if not for the LEADERS Track, but I do want to make the best of it. Leadership has always been an area I find interesting. My goal is to integrate leadership into balancing my life; into being more than just a "Future Pharm. D." 

No comments:

Post a Comment